Culture by the mountain
Apart from many sports activities, there is also plenty of culture for visitors to discover in Ötztal valley!
Visit one or several of the many museums and get an insight into the fascinating history of the valley. Immerse yourself into a time around 5,000 years ago, when Ötzi was still alive and see for yourself what the everyday life of highland farmers was like until the mid-20th-century.
Cultural recommendations in Ötztal:
In nearby Passeier valley in South Tirol you can also experience and marvel at culture! Its history and culture characterise our past and shape our future. The captivating history of this valley spoilt by nature is almost as old as the human race, as can be seen from its attractions.
Cultural recommendations in Passeier Valley:
- Schneeberg: Highest mine in Europe
- Museum Passeier: Home of freedom fighter Andreas Hofer
- Jaufenburg>Jaufenburg: Stately castle complex with murals
- Shield farms: Farmhouses in Passeier valley with special status
- BunCor Museum: Museum of the Hearts in Saltaus
- Tractor Museum: Largest collection of Porsches in South Tirol
- Tradition and customs>Tradition and customs: play an important role in the life of Passeier residents and shape their everyday life